Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thanksgiving Handprint Craft

 
 
 
 


Today we did a Thanksgiving craft. I traced each of the kid's hands onto construction paper. Before we began the craft, I talked to the kids about Thanksgiving and being thankful for the things we have in our life. So with that information in their heads, I then asked each child what they were thankful for and wrote it on each finger of the hand cut out. Then I had them glue their hands to the paper plates. I then took marker and wrote their name and age on the middle of the hand. Add the eye and gobbler part of the turkey. Is that what that thing is called? I don't know, but that is what I choose to call it.

I will probably go ahead and add some string to the top of the plate, so when they take it home to their parents, it can be hung up.

That's it! Super easy and great way to get the kids talking and thinking about Thanksgiving and being thankful!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love thta! I did something similar with my girl guides ages ago! Its really cool!

    Thanks for the follow on my blog! Now following yours too :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you back from http://mamabubbles.blogspot.com.. thanks for the visit!
    Love browsing through your site. I'm teaching an online class on Early Childhood Education right now so I'm talking with a lot of educators and hearing lots of ideas but it's fun to see pictures too!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yay! you're from maryland? i have a couple friends from there haha.

    following you back! the handprints look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following back from www.deerparknelsonacres.blogspot.com

    So fun to find another mom of 5! It is hard to come by this day and age!

    ReplyDelete